Are you looking for a new and exciting way to spice up your meals? If so, look no further than pickled jalapenos! These little green peppers pack a punch of flavor and heat that can elevate any dish. Plus, they’re super easy to make at home. All you need is a Mason jar, some fresh jalapenos, apple cider vinegar, and a few other simple ingredients. Here’s how to do it:
What You’ll Need:
- -1 pound fresh jalapeños, washed and dried
- -1 cup apple cider vinegar
- -1 cup water
- -1 tablespoon sugar
- -1 teaspoon salt
- -2 cloves garlic, peeled and halved
- -1 teaspoon dried oregano
- -1 teaspoon dried basil
- -1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- -1/2 cup diced onion
- -1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- -3 tablespoons drained and chopped jarred roasted red bell peppers(optional)
1. Start by sterilizing your Mason jar and lid. You can do this by boiling them in water for 10 minutes. Alternatively, you can run them through the Dishwasher on the hot cycle.
2. Once the jar and lid are sterilized, let them cool before proceeding to the next pickling jalapenos with apple cider vinegar step.
3. Slice the jalapenos into thin rounds using a sharp knife or mandoline slicer. If you want to remove some of the heat, you can remove the seeds and membranes from the peppers before slicing. Otherwise, leave them in for an extra kick of spice.
4. Once the peppers are sliced, add them to the Mason jar along with the garlic cloves (if using), oregano, and black peppercorns (if using).
5. In a small saucepan over high heat, bring the apple cider vinegar, water, sugar, and salt to a boil, occasionally stirring until the sugar has dissolved completely.
6. Once the mixture has come to a boil, carefully pour it over the peppers in the Mason jar until they are completely submerged in liquid.
7. Use a wooden spoon or chopstick to release any air bubbles that may be trapped in the jar.
8. Place the lid on the jar and screw it on tightly.
9. Allow the pickled peppers to cool to room temperature before storing them in the fridge for up to 2 months.
Benefits Of This Recipe
-The high acidity level of the vinegar helps to preserve the peppers and keep them fresh for up to 2 months.
-This recipe is a great way to add some extra flavor and heat to your meals. Whether you’re using them as a condiment, topping, or ingredient, pickled jalapenos will give your dish a unique twist.
-They’re also super easy to make! So if you’re looking for a fun and simple kitchen project, this is it.
Homemade pickled jalapeños are incredibly easy to make and are the perfect addition to so many dishes! With just a few simple ingredients, you can have pickled jalapeños that will last for up to 1 year. So give this recipe a try today and enjoy the flavor of jalapeños all year round!