Ever wonder what happens to your hair as you age? If you’re a blonde, you may be wondering if your hair will go grey or white. Unfortunately, there is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question. Here’s a look at what causes hair to go grey or white and why it varies from person to person. Let us know now, do blondes go grey or white?
Causes of Grey Hair
Whether your hair turns grey or white as you age depends on a number of factors, including genetics, health, and lifestyle choices.
- One major factor is melanin. As we age, the production of melanin in our bodies gets slowed down drastically. As a result, the hair that does grow becomes increasingly transparent. This process is gradual and begins around the age of 30 for most people.
- Certain health conditions can also cause premature greying. Thyroid problems, anemia, vitamin B12 deficiency, and alopecia areata are just a few examples. In some cases, grey hair may also be caused by medications such as chemotherapy drugs or birth control pills.
- Lifestyle choices can also affect when you start to see grey hairs. Smoking cigarettes speeds up the greying process because it damages melanocytes—the cells responsible for producing melanin. Similarly, exposure to sun and other environmental pollutants can also cause melanocytes to become damaged and stop producing melanin.
Treating Grey Hair
If you’re not ready to embrace yourgrey hairs, there are a number of treatments available to help cover them up.
- Hair dyes: These come in both permanent and semipermanent varieties and can be applied at home or by a professional stylist. Permanent dyes deposited directly onto the hair shaft alter the hair’s natural color while semipermanent dyes coat the outside of the shaft without penetrating it.
- Highlights and lowlights: Highlights involve adding lighter-colored strands while lowlights involve adding darker strands. These techniques can help camouflage some of the grey hairs while allowing others to show through for a natural look.
- Root touch-ups: These are temporary solutions that can be used between dye jobs to cover up any new growth. They come in both powder and pen form and can be applied at home or by a professional stylist.
Tips to get the perfect color for blondes
So, if you are concerned about your hair color or want to get a new look, you can get your hair colored, for sure.
Here are a few tips to help you get the perfect color for your hair:
- First, it’s important to choose the right shade of blonde.
- Second, make sure your hair is in good condition before you dye it.
- Finally, be sure to follow the instructions on the hair dye box to ensure that you achieve the perfect shade of blonde.
Ultimately, whether your hair turns grey or white as you age is largely determined by genetics . However, there are a number of lifestyle choices that can affect when you start to see those first few silver hairs . And if you’re not ready to let nature take its course , there are plenty of treatment options available to help cover up the grey !